Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Best Places to Visit near Mumbai
|Weekend Getaways From Mumbai||Highlights||Best Time|
|Pawna Lake||Camping||Throughout the year|
|Lonavala||Adventure Sports, Trekking, Camping||October to May|
|Kundalika||Rafting, Lakeside Camping, Water Activities||June to March|
|Kamshet||Paragliding, Trekking, Boating, Swimming||October to May|
|Igatpuri||Trekking, Adventure Activities, Leisure Stay||November to March|
|Kolad||Rafting, Kayaking, Jet Skiing, Trekking||June to March|
|Mahabaleshwar||Trekking, Horse Riding, Leisure Stay||March to June|
|Goa||Water Sports, Scuba Diving, Trekking||November to March|
|Rajmachi||Trekking, Hiking, Camping||June to September|
|Ratnagiri||Sightseeing, Trekking, Camping||November to January|
Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ ₹ 875 Only!
Beach Camping in Alibaug | Book @ ₹ 1199 Only!
Kundalika Rafting Camp with Adventure Activities @ 1850 Only
Camping and Rafting at Kolad @ 2250 Only
Camping at Igatpuri near Lake @ 1150 Only
Bhandardara Camping | Book @ ₹ 949 Only!
Floating Tent Camping in Kurungwadi ( near Igatpuri )
Camping at Khopoli @ 1749 Only
Explore Valley of Flowers at Kaas Plateau, Satara (from Mumbai) @ 1799 Only
Sunrise Trek to Kalsubai, Igatpuri @ 775 Only
Trek to Devkund Waterfall near Mumbai @ 1239 Only
Rajmachi Fort Trek with Kondane Caves, Lonavala @ 1290 Only
River View Home Stay at Nashik
Homestay in Mahabaleshwar near Waterfall @ 920 Only
Homestay with a Private Pool at Wada
Luxury Homestay in Karjat
Stay in Heritage Villa in Matheran
Luxury Homestay with In-house Pool in Wada
Stay in Farm Courtyard in Gholvad, Maharashtra
Stay in Villa with Pool, Lonavala Flat 15% off
Most Popular Places Around Mumbai
More Things to do in Mumbai
Listings in Mumbai
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
If you are looking for beautiful attractions to explore in the city, Here is the list of most iconic places in Mumbai to fall in love with.
1. Marine Drive: 22 km from Mumbai Airport
2. Gateway of India: 25 km from Mumbai Airport
3. Chowpatty Beach: 20 km from Mumbai Airport
4. Juhu Beach: 6 Km from Mumbai Airport
5. Siddhivinayak Temple: 11 km from Mumbai Airport
Part of the two great ranges of Sahyadris and Western Ghats of Central and West coast of India, Mumbai hill stations are not just destinations but offer much more than scenes to look upon starting from Rs. 999/- Only!
1. Lonavala: 83 km via Bangalore-Mumbai Highway
2. Matheran: 80 km via Bangalore-Mumbai Highway
3. Lavasa: 186 Km from Mumbai
4. Bhandardara: 192 km via NH 160
5. Igatpuri: 121 km via NH 160
Surrounded by natural beauty, steeped in history and providing all modern facilities, enjoy the best weekend getaways near Mumbai with Upto 60% Off.
1. Pawna Lake Camping: 120 km from Mumbai
2. Lonavala : 104 km from Mumbai
3. Alibaug: 95 km from Mumbai
4. Pune: 148 km from Mumbai
5. Mahabaleshwar: 260 km from Mumbai
6. Panchgani: 250 km from Mumbai
There are numerous excellent places to visit near Mumbai for a 2 day plan. Some of the best recommendations are:
- Pawna Lake: Pawna Lake is an ideal choice for outdoor experiences. In addition to camping at a scenic site by the lake, you will also have the chance to indulge in photography, advanced kiting, paragliding, etc. during the two days that you spend here.
- Aurangabad: If you are a sightseer or history enthusiast by heart, Aurangabad has a very interesting history and an incredible range of tourist attractions built during the royal era which can be easily covered within two days.
- Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary: An abode of exotic wildlife coupled with spectacular scenery. Since Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary is an overnight journey away from Mumbai, you can easily squeeze jungle camping and jungle safari in a two day plan.
- Lohagad: An exhilarating adventure that fits perfectly to your weekend break, trekking to Lohagad Fort is a perfect plan for adventure junkies in Mumbai.
One can easily find weekend getaways near Mumbai that are roughly a couple of hours drive away from the city. Here are a few recommendations:
- Alibaug: Pretty beaches, tropical greenery, and a great range of stay options make Alibaug a perfect choice from Mumbai.
- Igatpuri: Mountain lovers in Mumbai cannot find a better place to enjoy their weekend than Igatpuri. Just 120 km away, this hill station has forts, temples, and picnic spots.
- Palghar: A 3 hour drive away from Mumbai, Palghar is a small town that makes for a good choice for a laid-back vacation. Prominent attractions nearby include Kelva Beach and Shirgaon Fort.
Winter season (November to February) is the best time you can choose to plan your journey to places to visit near Mumbai. Although most of these places feature a pleasant climate throughout the year. The favourable temperatures during winter months make sightseeing and adventure activities more enjoyable. However, in the case of waterfalls, hill forts and hill stations near Mumbai, monsoon (June to October) is recommended.
What you can expect on a weekend getaway from Mumbai varies according to the destination. If you are visiting a coastal town, you can expect to find scenic beaches which may or may not be deserted. And if you are visiting a hill station, pleasant climate, fresh breeze, high waterfalls, and verdant landscapes may be expected. Besides, there are towns and cities with fascinating historical structures.
Most of the weekend getaways near Mumbai have exciting ranges of activities. Some of the top recommendations for you are:
- Go for sea exploration in Tarkarli by trying scuba diving and snorkeling
- Trek up to Lohagad Fort
- White water rafting in Kolad
- Paragliding in Kamshet
- Camping at Pawna Lake
There are plenty of famous campsites near Mumbai you can consider for your weekend getaways. Here are a few:
- Pawna Lake: Probably the most popular choice among the residents of Mumbai and Pune, this lakeside campsite is perfect in terms of scenery and ambience.
- Lonavala: Owing to its proximity from Mumbai, Lonavala is a popular destination for camping which enthrals weekenders with clear star-studded skies and sweeping views of lush green hills.
- Kolad: Apart from white water rafting, Kolad is also sought after by many to delight in a memorable camping experience on the banks of Kundalika River.
Due to the sense of thrill it evokes, rafting is rapidly gaining popularity among Mumbaikars. Following are the best spots where you can try this adventure:
- Kolad: Brace yourself for a purely exhilarating adventure as your raft gives you an ultimate dose of thrill while gliding through the rapids of Kundalika River. Grade 2 and Grade 3 rapids make this an ideal stretch for all.
- Vaitarna: Another popular rafting getaway near Mumbai, Vaitarna River is known for its strong currents which are enjoyed widely by city-dwellers. The picture-perfect surroundings enhance the affair.
The presence of light pollution and air pollution in Mumbai brings the possibility of stargazing here to zero. However, there are places, located just a few hours away from the city, where you can enjoy the activity without any obstructions.
- Dahanu: You may travel to this seaside town and explore the world of cosmos.
- Karjat: This is another popular destination where you can pair you hill getaway with stargazing experience.
- Jawhar: This sleepy hill town also lets you gaze at the stars studded into an unpolluted sky.
Mumbai has a number of cities and towns around that are paradise for history buffs. Some of those are:
- Aurangabad: This city and its outskirts encompass sites such as Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Bibi Ka Maqbara, and Pir Ismail Dargah.
- Champaner: This historical town in Gujarat is one of the best getaways from Mumbai for any history lover. Champaner encompasses magnificent structures in the form of several mosques, Hindu temples, and palaces.
Mumbai has a moderate crime rate and instances of crimes against tourists are not rare. However, the nature of those crimes are usually petty. So it can be said that even though Mumbai is relatively safer than most of the large cities in India, certain precautions on the part of a traveller are required to safeguard themselves against any untoward incidents.