Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Monsoon Meesapulimala Trek and Camping 2019 Flat 20% off
Mountain Camping and Trekking in Kodaikanal Flat 45% off
Camping Amidst Pear Orchard in Kodaikanal Flat 28% off
Camping in Yelagiri with Multi Adventure Activities - 17% Off
Organic Farm Camping in Kodaikanal Flat 25% off
Hilltop Camping Experience in Yercaud - Flat 19% Off
Tada Waterfall Trek With Camping - 25% Off
Luxury Camping Experience Near Chennai - Flat 21% Off
Day Out at The Country Club Jade Beach Resort Flat 45% Off
Day Out at Hudson Hotels and Resorts Flat 25% Off
Day Out at V G P Golden Beach Resort Flat 34% Off
Day Out at Sea La Vie Covelong Beach Resort, Chennai
Most Popular Places Around Chennai
More Things to do in Chennai
Listings in Chennai
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
Chennai would never disappoint its adventure buffs as it encompasses a lot of adventure activities. Explore the following list of the top adventure activities to do in Chennai:
Mountain Camping and Trekking in Kodaikanal @ Flat 45% Off
Surfing in Chennai @ INR 7,000 Only
Camping in Yelagiri with Multi-Adventure Activities @ Flat 15% Off
Camping and Trekking in Kovalam, Chennai @ Flat 17% Off
Beach Bonfire and Camping in Chennai @ Flat 45% Off
Surrounded by serene views and mountains, Chennai has a vast variety of treks for all the trek lovers. Here is a list of a few of the best trekking trails around Chennai:
Tada Waterfall Trek with Camping Flat 25% Off
Kotagiri Trek in Ooty from Chennai Flat 20% Off
Kurinjini Top Station Trek from Chennai Flat 20% Off
Kodaikanal to Kumbakari Trek from Chennai Flat 20% Off
Monsoon Meesapulimala Trek and Camping Flat 20% Off
With a long coastline, there is a variety of beach resorts near Chennai that not only provide a good hospitality but also great discounts to suit your pocket:
Silver Sands Beach resorts @ Flat 44% Off
Ideal Resort @ Flat 31% Off
Mamalla Resort @ Flat 37% Off
Country Club Jade Beach Resort @ Flat 45% Off
Green Coconut Resort @ Flat 44% Off
There are many places in Chennai, where you can spend 2 days with your loved ones:
- Visit Sri Parthasarathy Temple dedicated to Shri Krishna, one of the ancient temples in the city. Be mesmerized with the delicate carvings adorning the temple.
- The National Art Gallery is a must-visit in Chennai. Built of red sandstone, this art gallery houses 11th and 12th-century handicrafts, miniature paintings of the Mughal age, as well as Rajput paintings from the 18th and 19th century.
- Visit the Marina Beach, the second-longest in the world stretching for about 13 km.
- Chennai is special for a lot many things like its rich culture, Jallikattu, which is a favorite sport played for years. Experience the festivities of Pongal, the harvest festival of the city, if you are visiting around that time.
- Chennai is also special for its colorful temples, beautification, and stunning artwork. Rajinikanth, the iconic movie star of Chennai is also one of the key attractions for tourists and locals alike.
- Chennai is also special for the IPL team Chennai Super Kings, Carnatic music, Coffee culture, Marina Beach, and wallet-friendly movie tickets.
Chennai is known for many mouth watering delicacies that you must try. Some of the famous things to eat here are idli, masala dosa, vada, rasam rice and sambar, Kuzhi Paniyaram, adai, bajji, biryani, chettinad chicken, fish curry, meals, kothu parotta, rose, milk, and of course filter coffee.
Chennai is famous for several things and you will find many places to shop in Chennai like:
- Pondy Bazaar for leather bags, stylish footwear, cotton garments, toys, crockery, music accessories, jewellery, stationery items, and more.
- Panagal Park is another shopping destination where you can shop for silk saris, jewellery.
- T-Nagar has some of the best shopping centers for garments, electronic items, toys, and jewellery.
- Anna Nagar, known for costly items and branded materials will take your breath away, as you’ll be spoilt for choices.
Yes, you can visit the Nagalapuram Falls, which is safe to explore during the monsoons because the water is calm and flows steadily. However, the place has no proper security as it is located in the forest away from any locality.
We recommend that you travel in a group because there are instances of people consuming alcohol around here. If you are a couple, it is not a safe place unless you are in a big group. A few miscreants steal petrol or eve-tease women.
Of course, it is worth visiting, especially for its famous Shiva Temple in Mylapore. You will find the Marina Beach, the second largest in the world, stretching over a length of 13 km. You can savor your taste buds at the beachside stalls that sell fresh seafood and bajjis. The notable statues here are the Bharathiyar Statue and Kannagi Statue.
Usually, the city is safe for tourists but is polluted and has traffic congestion just like the other metro cities of India. The crime rate is moderate. Therefore, you can easily travel with your family and friends to experience the rich culture of Chennai.