Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
I only had a few days to visit Bhutan. But I couldn't leave South Asia without at least seeing the storied kingdom. I had seen the architecture in phot...
Me and my friends visited Bhutan this May. We took the flight from Kathmandu to Paro, it took us only an hour and we enjoyed the magnificent view ove...
Trip Location: Thimphu
Starting Point: Bagdogra Airport/
Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)
End Point: Bagdogra Airport/ New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)
Highlights of the Trip:
- Feel the thrill of the open road and make the rare journey into the mysticism of Bhutan
- Witness the nation’s rich heritage in the Paro museum that is harbored in a 17th-century watchtower
- Uncover the hidden truth of thousand Buddhas at the Buddha Point in Thimphu
- Wander through the cobweb of ancient monasteries and dzongs in Paro
- Stroll in the local zoo, and get charmed by Takin, the national animal of Bhutan
- Enhance your experience by savoring local Bhutanese delights, of which momos are a must-have
About the destination:
Bhutan, also known as the Abode of Gods, is a hidden paradise perched high on the mighty Himalayan ranges. It is unsurpassed in raw natural beauty; it has forests covering at least half of the country, it has bountiful of ridges lined with fluttering prayer flags, it has an unbroken silence that soothes the soul – a feature so striking that attracts voyagers from all over the world.
About the trip:
- Phuentsholing, the India-Bhutan border town offers a beautiful glimpse of scenic landscapes as well as an ethnic diversity. Soak in the surroundings, witness the vibrant culture, and explore the famous Bhutan Gate, where the differences in the two countries are apparent.
- After approx. 6-hour drive along charming waterfalls and a wide array of landscapes, reach to the capital city Thimphu, where culture and modernity go hand in hand. From monasteries and museums to art schools and zoo, cover every major tourist attraction and leave for Paro.
- Paro is an enchanting town with many sacred sites and colorful streets that must be explored on foot for a soul-enriching experience. After a full day of sightseeing, settle in the gorgeous valley for the night. The next day, depart to Phuentsholing, indulge in shopping or leisurely evening strolls and call it a night.
Note: Cost is for min. 2 pax. Hit the send inquiry to get discounted prices for 2 or more people traveling together.
Pick up from Bagdogra Airport/ New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)
Off you go to an incredible journey towards India-Bhutan Border, Phuentsholing
Spend the day in completing formalities for your tourist permits
Roam around the town, have a delicious dinner, settle in the hotel and call it a night
Embark on an exciting road trip of about 6 hours towards Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan
Roll on the hilly curves beside the panoramic landscapes and rustling waterfalls
Keep an eye out for Chukha dam en-route
Reach the beautiful town which is a hotspot for culture enthusiasts
Dine & rest well as tomorrow is going to be a long day
Overnight stay in Thimphu
Start your day with a morning walk through the capital
On this day, cover all these attractions: Memorial Chorten, Buddha Point, Changlimithang Monasteries, Takin Zoo, BBS Tower, Thimphu Dzong[View Point]
Take a stroll through National Library, Thimphu National Museum, School of Arts & Crafts, Handicrafts & Textile Museum, Handmade Paper Factory, Semtokha Dzong, National Flag Hoisting, and Tashicchhoe Dzong
Descend on a thrilling four-hour drive towards Paro Valley
Overnight stay in Paro
Spend this day in the sightseeing tour of Paro
Sink in the spiritual environment of Rinpung Dzong
Get insights about the Bhutanese culture in the Paro museum
Also, visit the famous Kichulanka Monastery and the Drukgyal Dzong
Keep an eye out for Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Spend the evening at your leisure and later, pass out on the comfy beds at the hotel
Grab some breakfast
Dive away from this beautiful country back towards Phuentsholing
Look out for the lively markets, sacred monasteries, and vibrant culture
Take an evening stroll towards the Bhutan Gate to witness the contrast between the two countries.
End your day in comfy beds at the hotel in Phuentsholing
Have some breakfast
Pack your stuff and check out from the hotel
Get driven back to Bagdogra Airport/ New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)
Leave with unforgettable memories
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
I only had a few days to visit Bhutan. But I couldn't leave South Asia without at least seeing the storied kingdom. I had seen the architecture in photos, but the magnitude of the buildings in the scenery in which they sit is stunning! Thrillophilia made everything so easy. They created an itinerary, reservations and transportation quickly and efficiently. I felt like I was welcomed at the airport by a friend. I had some special requests that they were happy to arrange; even though no one had asked to do these things before. And they even changed the itinerary during the tour per my special request. I don't suggest making their lives more difficult like I did, but truly, I am so happy that I could be accommodated. Lodging was great, food was excellent, and the guide, along with the driver made it a trip to remember. I highly recommend Thrillophilia to anyone interested in exploring the Kingdom of Bhutan.
Rated : 5.0
Me and my friends visited Bhutan this May. We took the flight from Kathmandu to Paro, it took us only an hour and we enjoyed the magnificent view over the highest mountains of Himalayas and the top of the world mount Everest. The great thing was that our programme was made in a way that the sightseeing of the historical places started the same day we landed. We had wonderful and caring guide Bijay who was telling the facts and stories in very detail. All the hotel were excellent quality and staff was helpful in every possible way. The food was so delicious, and we had possibility to choose which cuisine we want to try from locally grown organic foods to more western food. Our advice to try Bhutanese local beer that is really good. Also, it was nice experience to have hot stone bath after a long day-trek to Tiger Nest. I had really wonderful Six days in Bhutan and I can recommend Thrillophilia to everyone wishing to visit Bhutan.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Thimphu
Most Popular Destinations