Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Starting Point: Paro
End Point: Paro
Highlights of the Trip:
- Drive up to the Dochu La Pass(10,170 ft.) and sip on some tea looking over the pristine Himalayas
- Go on a cultural quest to the majestic capital city Thimphu
- See the beautiful Tiger’s Nest monastery play a game of peek-a-boo with the clouds
- Uncover the hidden truth of thousand Buddhas at the Buddha Point in Thimphu
- Walk into the calm of Punakha valley and pay a visit to the Palace of great Happiness
- Break the trip to smell the rhododendrons on the drive back to Paro
About the Destination:
Bhutan, one of the world’s most sustainable country is a great escape from all your worldly problems. In addition to serenity and natural environment, sundry sceneries and unique culture, the Land of Happiness greets all its visitors with gentle blows of crisp mountain air, rows of fluttering prayer flags, the melodic clinking of chimes and many similar things that soothe a soul.
About the trip:
- Considering the views of modern shops and cafes juxtaposing with the medieval dzongs, and ancient monasteries, Thimphu feels magical. An approx one-and-a-half-hour drive from the Paro International Airport and you’re here. Check into the hotel, spend your evening exploring the local markets, and the next day, start the sightseeing tour and see for yourself.
- Head towards Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan whereupon Bhutan's blanket of calm seems more apparent. Stop by the Dochu La Pass, have some tea and continue the excursion to Punakha Dzong, Wangdue Phodrang and other remarkable places.
- Depart to the postcard-worthy town, Paro that lies on the banks of river Paro Chu. Walk through the ancient alleys, get mesmerized by the Rinpun Dzong, behold the Paro Taktsang playing peek-a-boo amidst the clouds meditate in the monasteries, and lastly, leave with everlasting memories.
Note: Cost is for min. 2 pax. Hit the send inquiry to get discounted prices for 2 or more people traveling together.
Arrive at the Paro International Airport
Complete the process to get a tourist permit
Leave for the largest city in Bhutan, Thimphu
Take in the top view of Chukha Dam en-route
Spend the night at a hotel in charming Thimphu
Begin your day with a morning walk through the capital
Cover all these attractions: Memorial Chorten, Buddha Point, Changlimithang Monasteries, Takin Zoo, BBS Tower, Thimphu Dzong[View Point]
Look out for National Library, Thimphu National Museum, School of Arts & Crafts, Handicrafts & Textile Museum, Handmade Paper Factory, Semtokha Dzong, National Flag Hoisting, and Tashicchhoe Dzong
Sleep in the hotel and conserve your energy for tomorrow
Overnight stay at Thimphu
Leave for Punakha which takes approx. three hours from Thimphu
Compliment the Himalayan mountains you meet on the way
Stop by the Dochu La Pass that is framed by 108 Stupas
Admire the beautiful white fortress, Punakha Dzong
Also visit Druk Wangyal Lhakhang, Khamsum Yulley Namgyel Chorten, and Wangdue Phodrang
Cozy up for the night in the hotel
Drive towards the magnificent Paro that houses many prominent sacred sites and historical buildings
Traverse the road alongside Paro chu river
Go for a leisurely stroll in the market
Fill your bellies at the lively cafés
Spend the night in the apparent calm of Paro Valley
Embark on a sightseeing tour to Paro
Spend some time in the Buddhist monastery and fortress, Rinpung Dzong
Get to know more about the Bhutanese culture from the Paro museum
Look out for the famous Kichulanka Monastery and the Drukgyal Dzong
Soak in the view of Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Overnight stay at hotel in Paro
Relish the breakfast
Check out from the hotel
Head towards Paro International Airport
Return with everlasting memories
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Thimphu
Most Popular Destinations