Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Thimphu
Starting Point: Kolkata
End Point: Kolkata
Date of Departure: 7th Oct 2019
Highlights of the Trip:
- Fly over the Himalayas
- Land in Paro, visit Bhutan’s oldest monasteries and temples
- Go for an exciting culture trip to the capital city Thimphu
- Have a nice cup of tea at Dochu La Pass (10,170 ft.)
- Take a four-hour trek to the famous Tiger’s Nest, a monastery approx. 3000 ft. above the Paro Valley
- Drive to the highest motorable pass out of all Bhutan’s passes, the Chele La Pass
About the Destination:
Bhutan, the happiest country in all of Asia is a marvel nestling in the shelter of pristine Himalayan Mountains. A mere mention of the country invokes various images of monks, monasteries, yaks, Buddhist art, festivities, traditions, and smiling faces. Catch a glimpse of this secluded wonder, get insights about their culture, and admire how they follow ancient ways of living with a touch of modernity.
About the trip:
- The enthralling 6-days and 5-nights tour in the Land of Thunder Dragons starts from Kolkata where you board a flight to Paro. At the tiny Paro airport that resembles a doll’s house, you meet the Bhutanese guide for the tour.
- On the following days, tour the simplistic yet mesmerizing land, stop by Wangdue and witness the age-old Temple of Fertility, drive to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan and visit Punakha Dzong, capture the traditional art of healing in the Indigenous Hospital, thus dedicating the days to sightseeing of Thimphu.
- Later on, go on a sightseeing tour of Paro and shop your heart out or go hiking to the Tiger’s Nest, a prominent Himalayan sacred place, to meditate and gain merits for life. Spend your next day in the Chele La Pass that is surrounded by splendid views and ancient trails. Get rest as on the following day this beautiful little expedition comes to an end.
Pick up from Paro Airport
Meet the Bhutanese guide
Drive through the beautiful valleys to reach Thimphu
Check into the hotel
Explore the bustling town in the evening hours
Enjoy the overnight stay at a hotel in Thimphu
Have an early breakfast
Head on a scenic two-hour drive to Wangdue Phodrang, home of over 200 monks
Stop en route for tea at Dochu La Pass amidst the sterling views of Himalayas
Visit Chimi Lakhang- the Temple of Fertility
Have lunch and then drive to Punakha
Visit the Punakha Dzong, a huge white castle that was built in 1637
Relax in the overnight stay at Thimphu
Have some breakfast
Leave for Thimphu and witness the medley of tradition and modernity
Visit the following destinations: Indigenous Hospital, Art & Craft school, National Library, and Royal Goldsmith Workshop and Handicraft Centers
After having lunch, pay a visit to Memorial Chorten which is the most visible religious landmark in Bhutan
Drop around to see the 15th Century Changangkha Monastery
Spend some time in Motithang Mini Zoo and witness the rare “Takin”, the national animal of Bhutan
Relish the rest of the evening as you like
Spend the night at the stay in Thimphu
Fill in your senses with unhurried peace during the drive to Paro
Choose between Paro CityTour and hiking to the Tiger's Nest
Roam around the historic ruins of Drukgyal Dzong, which was built in 1647
Visit Ta Dzong (National Museum), and the 7th-century monastery- Kyichu Lhakhang
Gape at the three hundred fifty years old architectural marvel, Ringpung Monastery
Spend the evening at your leisure
Enjoy the overnight stay in Paro
Have a delicious breakfast
Head on a thriving drive to the Chele La Pass which lies at an altitude of 3,988 meters
Witness the vibrant landscape of Mount Jumolhari, Jichu Drake, and other northern peaks on the way
Marvel at this botanical paradise blooming with wild roses, primulas, rhododendrons and the lovely deep blue iris covering the forest floor.
Traverse back the same route to Paro, prevailing a happy smile.
Rejoice in the overnight stay at Paro
Savor the last breakfast here
Check out from the hotel
Leave for Paro Airport in the whim of returning
Start the journey home
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Thimphu
Most Popular Destinations