Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Mumbai Cycle Tour: Midnight Special, Flat 15% off
Mumbai Sightseeing, Full Day Tour - Flat 20% Off
Helicopter Joy Ride Mumbai Package
Candle Light Dinner Cruise in Mumbai
Paragliding in Kamshet
Mumbai Sightseeing Half Day Tour - Flat 25% Off
Scuba Diving in Tarkarli
Bollywood Studio Experiential Tour, Mumbai - Flat 9% Off
Explore Valley of Flowers at Kaas Plateau, Satara (from Mumbai) @ 1799 Only
Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ ₹ 875 Only!
Sunrise Trek to Kalsubai, Igatpuri @ 775 Only
Trek to Devkund Waterfall near Mumbai @ 1239 Only
Beach Camping in Alibaug | Book @ ₹ 1199 Only!
Camping at Igatpuri near Lake @ 1150 Only
Bhandardara Camping | Book @ ₹ 949 Only!
Kundalika River Rafting and Adventure Activities, Kolad
Mumbai Pub Crawl: South Bombay Special
Mumbai Sightseeing, Full Day Tour - Flat 20% Off
Half Day Bollywood Tour in Mumbai - Flat 23% Off
Dharavi Slum Tour Flat 20% off
Mumbai Street Food Tour Flat 20% off
Night Walk Tour of Mumbai
Mumbai City Market Tour Flat 30% off
Cultural Walk Tour of Mumbai @ 850 Only
Della Adventure Park Ticket and Activities Near Kunegaon in Lonavala
Imagica Theme Park Entry Pass
Imagica Water Park Entry Pass
Day Out at Shangrila Resort and Waterpark, Mumbai - 25% Off
Most Popular Places Around Mumbai
More Things to do in Mumbai
Listings in Mumbai
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
With something for everyone, Mumbai is a city that will bring you the thrill you cannot find anywhere! Click Here to Know More.
- Gateway of India: 25 km from Mumbai Airport
- Marine Drive: 22 km from Mumbai Airport
- Chowpatty Beach: 20 km from Mumbai Airport
- Juhu Beach: 6 Km from Mumbai Airport
- Siddhivinayak Temple: 11 km from Mumbai Airport
- Worli Seaface: 14 km from Mumbai Airport
- Haji Ali: 17 km from Mumbai Airport
With a number of adventure sports near Mumbai, this destination has been calling adventure seekers from far and wide.
- Sandhan Valley Trek with Rappelling @ Rs 1250/- only.
- Forest Camping Experience Near Lonavala @ Rs 975/- only.
- Kundalika Rafting Camp with Adventure Activities @ Rs 1850/- only.
- Lohagad Fort Trek, trekking, food and fun @ Rs 900/- only.
- Lonavala Hot Air Balloon Safari, with a paranormal view @ Rs 12,000/- only.
- Camping and Rafting at Kolad with White Water Rafting @ Rs 2250/- only.
Whether you wish to explore history or simply looking to relax in the lap of nature, these holiday destinations will leave you asking for more. Explore Now.
- Pawna Lake: 118 km from Mumbai
- Lonavala: 89 km from Mumbai
- Kundalika: 125 km from Mumbai
- Kamshet: 102 km from Mumbai
- Igatpuri: 121 km from Mumbai
- Kolad: 122 km from Mumbai
- Mahabaleshwar: 263 km from Mumbai
- Goa: 585 km from Mumbai
- Rajmachi: 312 km from Mumbai
- Ratnagiri: 335 km from Mumbai.
The best time to visit Mumbai is from November to February. These are the winter months in the city and the weather remains cool and dry.
Since it is the time just after the monsoon season, you can still enjoy the vibrant greenery that dots the city and enjoy spending time outdoors.
Mumbai offers a lot of very popular landmarks including
- The beautiful Marine Drive, also known as the queen’s necklace, where you can spend your time staring into the ocean
- You can visit the famous Haji Ali Dargah
- Enjoy a cup of coffee at the Trident
- Catch a play at the NCPA in Nariman Point
You can also hire a cab that takes you to all the famous landmarks in a day including
- Gateway of India
- The Taj Hotel
- Siddhivinayak Temple
- The various art galleries and museums at Kala Ghoda
- The famous CST station
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Another great way of spending a day in Mumbai is by visiting the Kanheri Caves at the SGNP national park. Once done with the caves, you can ditch the crowds and go for a long trek into the wilderness of the park. It goes on for miles!
Mumbai is a shopaholics’ heaven. There is so much you can shop here, depending on what you are after and the best part is, most of the places welcome haggling!
- Crawford Market: This is a huge wholesale market near the CST station where you can buy jewellery, groceries, lighting, flowers and plants, stationery, fresh fruits, furniture, etc.
- Hill Road: When looking for designer clothes at throwaway prices, this market in Bandra is the place for you.
- Flora Fountain: There is no better place to buy second-hand books in the entire city.
- Mutton Street: This place has every kind of antiques from old furniture, clocks, ornaments, typewriters to musical instruments.
- Dharavi Leather Market: You can find genuine leather goods at dirt-cheap prices here, including leather bags, shoes, belts, wallets and decorative items.
- Dadar Flower Market: When looking for the most beautiful fresh flowers in the city, make a beeline towards Dadar Flower Market. Colaba Causeway This market holds everything from clothes, shoes, accessories and home accessories which you can spend hours browsing.
- Sassoon Docks Fish Market: There is no better place to get fresh fish than directly from this historic dockyard.
- Zaveri Bazaar: This is the place to be if you are looking for precious, semi-precious or imitation jewellery.
- Linking Road: Another great option to indulge in roadside shopping and buy fashionwear.
Although Mumbai is a giant of a city, you can still try and have a peek into its heart in two days.
-Start your day by covering Siddhivinayak Temple and Haji Ali Dargah as they are less crowded in the mornings.
- After that, enjoy a late breakfast at one of the old Irani cafes in the city like Kayani’s, Military Cafe, Jimmy Boy, etc.
- After that, you can spend your day walking around the galleries and museums at Kala Ghoda or look shop a little at Colaba Causeway or combine both.
- Take a quick lunch stop at one of the several quirky cafes in Kala Ghoda
- Take a walk to the Horniman Circle and take in the views of the famous Asiatic Library or have a look at the historic post office.
- After it starts to become a little dark, head over to the Gateway of India, feed the pigeons and take in the views of the Taj Hotel
- To end your day, take a cab to Marine Drive and watch as the sun sets over the ocean and see the city light up in front of your eyes
- You can enjoy a local dinner at Chowpatty or take a bite of the famous Bachelor’s sandwiches
- Start your second day with breakfast at the Prithvi Theatre; you can also choose to catch a play here
- After your breakfast, head over to the Kanheri Caves and spend some time in the lap of nature
- For the rest of the day, you can book a tour through the slums of Dharavi or take a trip to the Film City
- Another great way of spending your day is to book a ferry to Elephanta Caves
- To end your second day in Mumbai, you can visit any of the several markets or check out the city’s clubbing scene.These clubs are particularly vibrant over the weekend.
When in Mumbai, you can buy a lot of things, depending on where you are:
- Cheap leather bags from Dharavi Market
- Beautiful fabrics at wholesale prices from Mangaldas Market
- Refurbished antique furniture at Chor Bazaar
- Antiques from Mutton Street
- Cheap designer clothes from Hill Road
- Household essentials from Crawford Market
- Cheap footwear from Fashion Street
- Pre-loved books at Flora Fountain
Mumbai is a foodie’s paradise, you can sample foods not only from the entire country but from all over the world. When in Mumbai, you must try
- Guru Kripa’s Samosa: They offer piping hot samosas with a side of tangy chana, chutney and slivered onions.
- Sandwiches at Bachelor's: Their vegetables and paneer sandwiches along with a side of chips and chutney are to die for!
- Keema Pao at Kayani’s: There is no better way to start your day than by munching on a sizzling hot Keema with a side of soft pao in this old Irani cafe.
- Parathas at Prithvi’s Cafe: It is just about the best place to devour hot parathas with chaas and dal makhani.
- Shawarma at Carter’s Blue: You can choose a chicken Shawarma or a paneer one and you will not be disappointed.
- Dosa at Ram Ashraya: You can enjoy a variety of dosas with a side of filter coffee any time of the day!
- Omelette at Kala Ghoda Cafe: This old cafe serves a brilliant fresh menu and their omelettes are to die for!
- Pav Bhaji at Chowpatty: There is no better place to sample authentic pav bhaji than at Juhu Chowpatty.
- Kebabs at Bademiya: All the meat-lovers will truly appreciate this place
- Vada Pao at Anand Vada Pav Stall: It is impossible to miss this local favourite when in Mumbai.
It really depends on where you are visiting from. If you are from India, then yes, you will find Mumbai to be very expensive.
Having said that, when looked at from a world perspective, it is the second least expensive city to visit!
Mumbai never sleeps. You can always find things to do and places to see throughout the night. When in the city, you can:
- Visit a club: You can go to Playboy, Kitty Su, XXO, Tryst, Club Sirkus; the choices are aplenty!
- Sit at Marine Drive: Enjoy food at the many all-night food markets like Mohammad Ali Road Khau Galli, Ghatkopar Khau Galli, etc.
- Catch a late-night movie: Enjoy a movie at one of the many theatres which are open till late
- Plan an overnight trek: Visit the surrounding peaks like Kalsubai, Harishchandragad, etc.
- Drive around the empty Mumbai roads: Enjoy me time driving along the empty roads of Mumbai
Mumbai is considered a much safer city when compared to other major cities in India.
Mumbai becomes what you want it to be, and for couples, it is probably one of the most romantic places. Explore Now!
- You can Watch the sunset at Marine Drive
- Drive on the Bandra Worli Sea Link
- Go on a secluded nature trek at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Visit the Juhu Beach
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the open-terrace restaurants
- Go for a couple’s massage
The best things to do in Mumbai over the weekend are:
- Explore the Elephanta Caves
- Learn a skill like pottery, cooking, dancing, etc.
- Visit a theme park-like Imagica, Essel World, Wet n Joy, etc.
- Go on a weekend trek to Lohagad Fort, Sinhagad Fort, Rajmachi, etc.
- Catch a play at Prithvi or stand-up comedy session at the Laughter Club
Mumbai is the perfect place if you want to impress your girlfriend. Whether she is an art enthusiast, architecture lover or a foodie, there is a place for a perfect date.
- Take a walk around the art district of the city, Kala Ghoda
- Catch a play at the Prithvi Theatre
- Go for a photography tour at Horniman Circle
- Enjoy a sunset at the Juhu Beach
- Have an ice cream at Naturals
- Fancy dinner at Olive Bar & Kitchen