Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Kasol Trip And Trek To Kheerganga From Delhi Flat 20% Off
Nag Tibba Trek with Camping, 2019 | Book at ₹ 3050 Only!
Beas Kund Trek in Manali
Kheerganga Trek with Camping Book @ 1480 Only!
Triund Trekking and Camping Flat 40% off
Prashar Lake Trek with Camping, Himachal | Book @ ₹2449 Only!
Bhrigu Lake Trek 2019, Manali
Triund And Laka Glacier Trekking Flat 20% Off
Jaipur Sightseeing Tour from Delhi-flat 16% off
Trek to Mcleodganj and Triund from Delhi
Weekend Trip to Auli from Delhi Flat 15% off
Delhi to Kanatal Adventurous Trip Flat 15% off
Manali Tour Package from Delhi
Up in the Air: Paragliding in Bir-billing from Delhi
Jim Corbett Tour Package from Delhi
Delhi Mussoorie Trip with Nagtibba Trek
Delhi City Sightseeing Tour in a Private Car
Pub Crawl, Delhi: Connaught Place Special
Power Paragliding in Sohna, Gurgaon Flat 15% off
New Delhi Bicycle Tour, Flat 21% Off
Rajpath Segway Tour, Delhi, Flat 21% Off
Cultural Walking Tour of Delhi - Flat 29% off
Delhi Food Walk- Flat 29% off
Night Walk City Tour, Delhi Flat 29% off
Camping and Trekking in Rishikesh With Rafting and Cliff Jumping Combo Flat 15% Off
Camping, Rafting and Adventure Activities at Manali Flat 37% off
Trekking and Camping at Kanatal Flat 20% off
Adventure Camping in Kasol Flat 25% off
Camp Riverwild in Jim Corbett Flat 15% Off
Forest Camping in Shimla's Junga - Flat 15% Off
Paragliding in Bir Billing with Trekking and Camping Flat 20% off
Camping with Swimming Pool near Mussoorie
Most Popular Places Around Delhi
More Things to do in Delhi
Listings in Delhi
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
55+ Weekend Getaways from Delhi Starting from INR 899/- Only. Click Here to Checkout More!
1. Rishikesh - 237 Km from Delhi (Known for River Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Flying Fox)
2. Manali - 538 Km from Delhi (Known for Camping, River rafting, Trekking)
3. Shimla - 343 Km from Delhi (Known for Mountaineering, River rafting, Paragliding)
4. Kullu - 497 km from Delhi (Known for Paragliding, Camping, River rafting)
5. Kasol - 519 km from Delhi (Known for Kheerganga trek, Adventure camping)
6. McLeodganj - 470 km from Delhi (Known for Kareri River Trek, Camping)
7. Auli - 388 Km from Delhi (Known for Skiing, Trekking, Camping)
Here is the list of best Hill Stations to visit near Delhi within 600 km. Discover More!
- Dehradun: 266 km (Best for sightseeing, trekking)
- Kasauli: 287 Km (Best for Camping, Sightseeing, Trekking, Paragliding)
- Nainital: 296.8 km (Best for sightseeing, backpacking, camping, birdwatching, amusement park visit, etc.)
- Mussoorie: 280 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing)
- Shimla: 343 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing, etc.)
- Dharamshala: 481 km (Best for sightseeing, old temples, trekking, cycling, etc,)
- Manali: 538 km (Best for trekking, sightseeing)
Here is the list of best things to do in Delhi. Click Here to Know More!
1. Visit India Gate
2. Enjoy Segway Ride at Rajpath
3. Visit Qutub Minar
4. Visit Akshardham Temple
5. Touch Sky with Motorized Paragliding
6. Visit Connaught Place
7. Visit the wonderful Lotus Temple
8. Thrilling Experience With Atv Adventure Ride
Looking for some romantic places to visit in Delhi for couples? Here’s the list:
1. The Garden of Five Senses can be a perfect place for a romantic evening. Amidst the tranquil setting of the garden, you can engage in a hearty conversation with your dear one. Find yourselves a seat at the Amphitheatre and watch an engaging cultural performance.
2. Plan a weekend at the Deer Park. The structural beauty of the park owes itself to the Mughal times, and the place is ideal for a picnic. Together you can also embark on a wildlife tour and grab some great moments.
3. Set amidst an impressive garden, you can grab a romantic dinner with your partner at The Garden restaurant.
4. Engage in a hearty conversation over a deliciously served meal. If you are looking for a less crowded spot, then Parthasarathy Rock inside the JNU Campus is the ideal place to be. Hand in hand, watch the stunningly beautiful sunset and enjoy the natural aura of the place.
Amongst the various attractions in Delhi, South Delhi is one such place which will never disappoint you. Try out these places:
1. Yes, the famous towering Qutab Minar will greet you in this part of the city. Don’t forget to marvel at the structural beauty of this world heritage site.
2. Another historical site is the Mehrauli Archaeological Park, comprising the fascinating age-old ruins. The bygone essence from the past is hauntingly beautiful and calls for a visit.
3. Give your eyes a scenic treat by visiting the Jahanpanah City Forest. The sprawling greenery of the place will amaze you along with its rich fauna.
4. Explore around the intriguing mazes of Champa Gali. From lip-smacking food to souvenir shops, this place is always buzzing with life, and you will be in for sheer enjoyment when you visit here.
The bustling city, dotted with scenic places, iconic monuments, and majestic forts will win your heart. The mouth-watering delicacies of Old Delhi, the luring shopping destinations at Chandni Chowk, Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Market, and more is sure to bewitch you with their myriad offerings.
A trip to the tourist places in Delhi will offer you a memorable vacation packed with aesthetic touches.
Some of the notable tourist places in Delhi, for an evening jaunt, are:
1. Take a relaxing stroll around the India Gate. The place illuminated with spotlights possesses a unique charm in the darkness.
2. Watch the engrossing light and sound show at the Red Fort. It will be a lifetime memory as you would discover the unfolding of many unknown historical tales.
3. Longing for some excitement? Head towards the Hauz Khas village for some appetizing food and exhilarating nightlife.
4. If you are a theatre enthusiast, then here’s the golden chance to watch a play at the illustrious National School of Drama. You might be lucky enough to watch your favourite artists perform on the stage.
With a teeming population, the city has witnessed an increasing rate of crimes in recent years. Though New Delhi is comparatively safer, tourists should be aware of the helpline numbers. Your safety is your utmost priority, thus do not venture out alone on the roads at night.
Take the necessary precautions if you feel any kind of trouble might surface. Beware of touts, fake tourist offices, and pickpockets.
Keeping all other attractions in Delhi aside, let’s talk about the delectable variety of food that the city offers us.
You just can’t miss out on Chandni Chowk’s famous Paranthe Gali. From keema, potatoes, eggs, and even bananas, you can try out from the diverse range of stuffed parathas here, which will surely please your hungry stomachs.
Try the various chicken dishes- kebabs, rolls, butter chicken, and many other delicacies. The Old Delhi Nihari is another scrumptious meal to gorge on. The spicy chats will excite your taste buds. Among the various street tidbits, you can never say no to the finger-licking chaats.
Near to some of the tourist places in Delhi, you can always check out these prominent places to stay in the city.
Try the Taj Palace Hotel, if you are seeking for a lavish stay. From well-furnished rooms to 24*7 services, comfortable accommodation will be ensured to you. Try the multi-cuisine delicacies and rejuvenate yourself with a relaxing ayurvedic spa at the hotel.
Radisson Hotel is an exceptional place to stay. You can choose from the different suite rooms that are well equipped with modern facilities. Go check out the Savannah Bar, where you can treat your taste buds with some fine signature drinks.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly hotel, then Hotel Sita International can be a good choice. The rooms here are air-conditioned and furnished with basic amenities. Room service is easily available and the friendly staff will make your stay a pleasant one.
Known as a shopper’s paradise, Delhi will surely get you bewildered with the myriad range of beautiful souvenirs. Gift yourselves and your near ones some beautifully designed custom-made jewellery and khadi clothes.
From pickles to Madhubani paintings, you will also come across many appealing brassware items, silk wears, accessories, home decors, leather bags, and sandalwood items.
Jalebis are the one popular sweet that you can hardly resist while in Delhi.
The different halwas like Moong Dal and Sohan Halwa is also delicious. The other tasty sweets here are Burfi, Ladoos, Shahi Tukda, and the Kulfis.
Some of the well-known places to visit in Delhi with your girlfriend are the Lodhi Gardens, Ridge Road, Hauz Khas Village, Parthasarathy Rocks, Purana Qila.
These idyllic settings amidst the bounty of nature will offer you a perfect romantic date. You can also visit the themed restaurants adorned with their impressive beauty. Some popular ones are the Rose Cafe, Hispanic Love, Ice Lounge, Thai High, Cafe Lota, and several others.
In Delhi, if you are wondering about the famous attire, then do purchase a beautiful salwar kameez.
The different silk and khadi textiles will lure you into buying some of the fashionable outfits. Women can choose a trendy sari or a ghagra Choli as well. For men, the Khadi kurtas are a must buy.
Chandni Chowk happens to be the cheapest market in Delhi. Here you can splurge away your savings on ethnic attires, shoes, jewellery, and various other accessories at an affordable rate.
Keep your bargaining skills handy and pamper yourselves with some wonderful purchases. The entire market has different zones selling specified products. Seek some prior information and hit the right shop to save some extra rupees.
At Janpath, you will come across a wide assortment of products. The Gujarati Market here sells some impressive Kutch works which can be bought at reasonable rates.
You can also explore the sidewalk shops and lay your hands on some souvenirs, junk jewellery, perfumes, jewellery boxes, Pashmina shawls, and Chikankari apparels. Keep your haggling tactics ready before you settle down on your chosen item.
Weekend attractions in Delhi are many, and the most alluring part is that most of them have free entry.
You can visit the famous old Jama Masjid, the sprawling complex of Swaminarayan Akshardham, the pristine Lotus Temple, or take a stroll around the scenic premises of Humayun’s Tomb. Your weekend will be filled with relaxing and rejuvenating moments.
As Delhi is known for its dry heat, avoid visiting the city in the warmer months. Also, the cold chills of winter can become unbearable for many. Thus the autumn (October, November) and spring (February, March) seasons are the most suitable time to visit Delhi.
Being the capital city of India, it always attracts hordes of visitors. Thus during the peak seasons, be ready to face the congestion on the roads.
The autumn months are always preferable for sightseeing in Delhi.
While visiting the iconic India Gate, you can rejuvenate yourselves in the cool breeze while you paddle along at the Boating club near to the place. The Qutub Minar, Raj Ghat and other local attractions are also a must-visit.
Do not miss out on the enchanting Hauz Khas. In November, you can set out a comfortable tour around the entire complex and behold some spectacular architectural beauties. You can also indulge in a shopping spree and hop from Chandni Chowk to Sarojini Nagar. The weather being pleasant will help you in your shopping experience as well.
The known tourist places in Delhi near Hauz Khas are:
The Hauz Khas Deer and District Park attract many nature and wildlife lovers. Take a leisurely walk around the paved paths and enjoy a family picnic at the Rose Garden.
For all those seeking aesthetic beauty, visit the Firoz Shah Tughlaq Tomb. Amidst the verdant landscape, lies the scenic tomb of the Delhi Sultan basking in the rich history. Various cafes and restaurants will feed your hungry stomachs. Grab the delicious refreshments from Raasta, Out of the Box, Turquoise Cottage and others.
Ready for a Christmas Carnival? Delhi gets coloured with great pomp during Christmas. So mark your presence at some of these places.
The lavish party at Christmas Staycation at the Imperial will sweep you off your feet.
Grooving music and delicious food will keep you engaged throughout the night. Attending midnight mass at The Sacred Heart Cathedral will be a memorable experience for you. Sing a few carols and get the celebration vibes on. The Merry Go Round Carnival is the ideal place to be with your friends during Christmas. The enjoyable activities, unlimited food and drinks, and the vibrant atmosphere will create the perfect festive mood.
Looking for some famous winter attractions in Delhi? A glance through the list might help you to plan your vacations.
Take a heritage tour around the city. Winters are the best time to explore some of the exemplary monuments like Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb and Jama Masjid.
From Birla Mandir to Hazrat Nizammudin, blending the secularism of India, Delhi is the perfect city to embark on a spiritual quest.
Hanuman Mandir, Akshardham, Buddhist Monastery in Majnu Ka Tila, Centenary Church, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Chirag-i-Dilli Dargah are some of the iconic religious places that can be visited during winter. You can try bird watching in winter as Delhi becomes the home for many migratory birds. This is a golden chance for you to closely behold the white vulture, egret, pelican rosy, parakeet and other exotic ones. Delhi Zoo, Sunder Nursery, Okhla Sanctuary are some of the places where you can avail a bird watching tour.